Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First meeting of the Ten Club!!


So last night was our first meeting of the Ten Club in our neighborhood. I thought it was a success! We had five people come, which I thought was pretty good for our first go-round. And look at how many coats everyone brought! Imagine what MORE of us could do.
I will be taking these coats to the Road Home in Salt Lake. There is a large population of homeless FAMILIES right now and these will keep a few more of them warm.

We will be having our meetings on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month. I will post all the information so you know what you can be working on.

With the $50 we gathered this month we are buying fleece and will be making baby blankets for the homeless shelter. If you would still like to donate your $10, please let me know. Obviously the more money we have, the more fleece we can buy and the more babies we can keep warm this winter!!

Spread the word about the Ten Club! ALL are invited!!

1 comment:

KATE said...

Amy! I'm such a loser! I totally spaced the meeting! I want to donate my $10!!! I'll bring it over to ya, and I'm putting the first tuesday of the month on my calendar!!